I try to do everything naturally. I'm not a big pill taker because 1) I am bad at remembering, and, 2) I know there may be other ways to solve the issue. (headache = lack of rest & water) I have mentioned that I have lowered my glucose level and (bad) cholesterol on my own with just good diet and exercise. So I know that the natural way is the healthiest way to do things, preventing unnecessary chemicals from being ingested.
But, I am definitely a product of the now-generation. 'We' created fast-food, power lunches, On-Demand TV, and the worst... diet pills. There are SO many variations of diet pills, from drink mix-ins to heart-stopping drugs to cleanses. And even though every other year we see the commercials from law firms ready to represent those who have taken dangerous diet pills, I AM STILL TEMPTED.
I get so frustrated with this very, very slow process of losing weight. I am doing cardio, lifting weights, following healthy eating habits, and it seems to take forever to see the results I want. This is hard for someone of this need-it-now world.
Yes, I wonder if any of those work. The commercials are all over the TV, and most are too readily available at grocery stores, even Costco, now. I admit it is taking all of my will power not to sneak one in my cart.
That's all that was on my mind today.
3 comments:
So, I know you well enough to know that you are just venting, and that you would not give in to temptation here and buy any of those pills. But in case you are REALLY tempted, consider this:
The word of wisdom guides us to eat healthfully (it's pretty specific if you think about it) and stay active. This was given to us by our Heavenly Father who loves every molecule of our bodies and wants us to love them too. It's the harder way for sure, but the right way to take care of ourselves.
On the other hand, the people who create that diet crap (so-called doctors) only care about giving immediate results and not about our long-term health. Oh, and the money. DON'T TRUST THEM!
These results are usually not permanent and who knows what they are actually doing to our body, besides loosing valuable muscle tissue and water weight. (Weakening our hearts too?)
I have four beautiful women in my life who have chosen to use these aids, many of the different kinds on the market. Guess what, they still struggle with their weight, and I already worry about their long-term health!
You know better, walk on by those stupid pills and keeping on treating yourself right. :)
(It's a novel...sorry!)
I appreciate your thoughts for sure. And, yes, I was venting. (though I really try hard not to) I just felt the pressure this week, and maybe if I put those thoughts to rest I won't have them running around my head anymore.
Love you Em!
Lindsey, I often lurk on your blogs, but rarely comment. I just wanted you know, though, that I am rooting for you and I think it's awesome you are making yourself accountable and working so hard.
This post really resonated with me because I all about natural too. I hate taking medicine of any kind if I can avoid it. I appreciate the modern medicinal strides we've made, because they can save lives,but with those come a lot of unintended consequences, and first and foremost, I believe we should revisit our diets and exercise routines, minimize our stress (as much as is possible) to be healthy.
Anyway, I don't know if you've heard of the book The China Study. If you haven't, I highly recommend you check it out. It changed my life and my eating habits (well, I am still working on it, but I am getting better all the time). The scientific data in there is irrefutable and I have heard / read lots of anecdotal information that further confirms its findings. I'll let you check it out to see what it promotes as the healthiest diet. From personal experience, I have lost 13 lbs, almost cleared up chronic adult on-set acne that has plagued me for the last 8 years and have noticed a large amount of increased energy despite having a 5 month old who doesn't sleep :) by trying to follow this nutritional advice. I read it while doing a close study of the Word of Wisdom and it has literally been an answer to my prayers. I hope maybe it can help you out too. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide to do!
Post a Comment