BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Went

I was mad this morning when my 2 boys came in our room at 6:20 AM! Grrr. I wasn't going to go to the gym since I had only gotten (maybe) 4 1/2 hours of sleep already.

I lay in bed, listening to the sounds of Sesame Street, (I really dislike Elmo) getting more and more angry. Not a good way to start the day. Two choices: stay in bed until the last second before someone needs me and be a mean mom all morning; OR, do a shortened, but efficient cardio workout.

I went with option 2. And what I found was odd. The gym was really empty for the beginning of the new year. Dan and I joke every year about how packed gyms get in Jan-March, (maybe) with all those resolution-makers.

(I did see a HS buddy who towered at 10 feet tall on the stair climber. Any guesses who?)

The roads were strangely empty as well. At only 7:45. Maybe the resolutions were to get to work really early...

All of those observations changed my attitude, so when I came home I was able to laugh with Dan, make the boys breakfast, even do the dishes. What the what?!

Sure, I'll crash in to a mini-coma at nap time. And I will definitely be tempted to find me a Dr. Pepper. (diet) And maybe I won't make it to the case-lot sale today, unless the Dr. Pepper really calls to me.

But I went.

0 comments: