So there are days when I have to cut my workout short since I am still doing early mornings while Dan gets ready for work. Sometimes he has to leave early, or I just don't get out of the house early enough. So, this is an awesome, fast, and effective cardio work out.
Sure, I may not seem like the spokesperson to any effective workout... But I learned it from a personal trainer a few years ago. It's effective because it throws your body off of it's routine just enough. (that may not make sense, but our bodies can get bored with the same ol' work out and stop being as productive during exercise)
I use the elliptical, since the extra weight is strenuous on my knees. This can also be done running.
Min 1-5: warm-up (low level, or slow jog, or fast walking)
Min 6: sprint (on elliptical I increase the level by 2-3 to to keep a steady pace)
Min 7-8: "run" (I will go back to a level that is still tough, but not as slow as warm-up)
Min 9: sprint
Min 10-11: "run"
Min 12: sprint
Min 13-14: "run"
Min 15-19: cool down (return to the warm-up speed and gradually decrease speed/level)
I will throw this in my routine once a week, since I can boringly do the same cardio. I did this yesterday, lifted weights, cooled down by walking on the treadmill... all in about 50 minutes. (since I had the time that morning)
TIP: During those sprints, and even the runs, you have to keep positive thoughts the ENTIRE time. Once you start thinking that you can't make it, your speed starts to decrease. I promise it will. During the 60 seconds of sprinting, I have to repeat "YES" over and over until it's done or I will slow down before I reach the end time.
Right Now...
14 years ago
3 comments:
I think you are amazing!
Ooh, this is great!
This is really good info! I rarely can workout more than 15 mins wihtout being interrupted these days.
Post a Comment