I am an observer. (of people) I am "old" enough to remember when we could still go the airport to "people watch." Weird? No, it was a free activity and didn't look suspicious yet.
So when I am at the gym, to keep my mind off of my screaming muscles, I enjoy watching other people. Not obviously, of course, because if I saw someone watching me I would freak out or get really mad.
One thing I would love to know is what everyone listens to on their iPods, or whatever they use. Wouldn't that be SO interesting? I would love to be asked what I listen to, because I love my group of shuffled artists.
So, for anyone (if there is anyone) who reads this... totally indulge my curiosity. Please!
And, in case you want to know my faves:
Pinback
Weezer (only Blue or Red Albums)
Ben Harper
Ben Folds (just a couple from him)
Tracy Chapman
Panic At the Disco
Beastie Boys
Modest Mouse
Angels & Airwaves
Wyclef Jean
Metro Station
Right Now...
14 years ago
5 comments:
I don't listen to music at the gym, I watch TV. BUT, I thought I'd share a "people watching" gym story. One time I saw 4 guys come in wearing 5 Guys Burgers and Fries T-shirts, and they all lined up on treadmills next to each other. If only they'd had a 5th friend!
The picture's caption would have read:
"The gym: recommended by 4 out 5 burger guys."
'Cause you know you wished you had a camera!
My tiny ipod shuffle is filled with "quiet" music - because the world is too noisy a place. I use it to block out everything else when I am stuck away from my house. It has James Taylor, John Denver, Art Garfunkel, Peter Paul and Mary, Paul Simon, Don McLean and other quiet musicians, but only their carefully selected quiet songs. But inexplicably, it also has some of the loudest, most raucous CCR and the soundtrack of Spamalot, cuz sometimes, ya know, ya just gotta...
When I go on my walks these days, I usually put my ipod on shuffle and it'll just play whatever. I admit, I have to press "skip" several times but it doesn't bother me. My ipod is only 2GB so it only holds all of my absolutely favorite (a few hundred) songs and artists. I don't know why I haven't done a "work out mix"... Maybe I should.
those are some great ones! I'm a book listener, if I can get involved with a good story, it goes by faster.
Post a Comment