...and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 6 years ago, though my symptoms showed themselves 7 years ago. I don't want to start this new blog with a history of me; that will come later.
I know it is the season to make resolutions, then fail at those resolutions. That is not what I am doing. The timing is a complete coincidence, and the fact that my laptop has not worked since the week I was going to start.
The reason I start this online blog/journal/whatever is to keep myself honest, real, and motivated. You know how some people are more motivated to exercise with a buddy? Well, it's the same concept. (I actually love going to the gym alone... It's me time away from kids.) I had this idea that if I were to just put it all out there (thoughts, plans, scale numbers) then I can't disappoint myself or anyone else who is living with this annoying syndrome that might happen upon this blog.
Don't think this will be easy. I had this idea for days before I could even vocalize it to my husband, who is the most supportive person. Weight and weight-loss has been the BIGGEST taboo subject for me for as long as I can remember. Actually, I wish I could go back to my early college days (before the rapid weight gain) and tell myself to be really happy with what I looked and felt like because it was all going to change.
So, with a very deep breath...
My current weight is 196 lbs. (at only 5'4)
Most people (who are smaller) may think, "wow, almost 200 lbs." Or, "that's basically 200 lbs." But, I think, "at least it isn't 200 lbs." Those 4 pound make big difference in my head because I know that I have been over that number (not just when I was pregnant), and to ever see a 2__ again would be devastating. I think that anyone in my situation would agree that 4, even 2 pounds make a big difference in our minds.
Again, this blog might just be for me and my belief that if I am "putting it out there" (yes, I read The Secret) that I will motivate myself in to some real success. I am done having babies and it is my time to reclaim my body, health, and to establish a feeling of contentment. IF there happens to be some who read this and can relate or, better yet, become motivated by my posts... that would be great.
Now to push the publish button.
Here we go. (another deep breath)
Right Now...
14 years ago
2 comments:
I am motivated! Actually scared. But I am trying too. Thanks for this post. I am glad I found this link.
My friend Emily just told me about your blog and I'm now your biggest fan. :)
I was diagnosed with PCOS while trying to pregnant with my first baby (who is now 4 months old) and didn't really think about how else that diagnosis would change my life.
Those 4 pound are the great 4 pounds in existence, I totally agree. I'm so glad you have this blog!
Post a Comment