May came and went... and I did not post. I was gone, a lot. I vacationed and did some unfortunate, irresponsible gaining. I am working at getting back to where I was.
But here is what I want to discuss:

"Who has time to lose slowly?"
This is the new slogan for Slim-Fast.
That's just a load of crap!

Acai Berries, Acai Shakes, Acai Pills
Is anyone else completely tired of hearing about THESE?
I heard a new radio ad that says that you are guaranteed to "Lose 30 lbs in just DAYS, without having to change any of your lifestyle." "That's a full 3 pant-sizes."
(um, isn't that the point... to change?)
(and not everyone loses from their hips/butt)
Again, crap.
These astronomical losses are not the only success to celebrate. Besides, to reach the numbers being promised, it's gonna take a lot more than yucky shakes multiple times a day.
Be realistic.
I won't mention names in case it would offend friends/family, but these are REAL successes I LOVE hearing about:
* Any friends/family posting about their new run/bike times and goals they are meeting.
*A friend who set an awesome weight goal for herself, with a date in mind to reach it, and then EXCEEDED her own expectations!
*A mom-friend who switched her kids from high-carb-snacks and white bread to fruits/veggies and whole-grain bread. (not an easy task)
*Getting up early, learning one is a morning person, to go exercise!!
*A friend with PCOS who is 95% off sugar, who is motivating me to use Agave and honey more in my baking.
Please keep sharing these successes! They really do motivate others around you.
2 comments:
Amen on slim fast and acai berries. Seriously, the POINT is to change! That's the beauty of it! *sigh*
You are just one smart lady, that is all. :)
Post a Comment