WARNING: This post contains what some may think is TMI. But, it's my blog so I will do what I want.
First, I have felt that I have not been staying as true to my original goals as I should be. I was so blunt in the beginning with numbers, specifically weight, but have been being a bit elusive...
So, currently, I am somewhere between 183-184.2 lbs. (it all depends on how much water I had the day before) I am SO CLOSE to having lost 15 pounds, and close to leaving the 180's. I can't remember ever seeing the 170's because of how quickly my weight-gain was in the "beginning."
I have to say that until now, I have also NEVER had regular periods. (See, the TMI? it gets worse!) Since just before getting pregnant with baby #3, I was pretty much every 30-32 days. So, because of this, I have also never known how my body would react to PMS, or what symptoms to look for...
Month 1 (of returned cycle)
I thought I was forever going to be the gassy lady. NO JOKE. I started accepting the fact that maybe that is what happens after 3 kids. I couldn't even contain myself at the gym, which was AWFUL since there is maybe one other neighbor on a machine. Pretty obvious. Luckily, 2 days later, Auntie Flo came and the gas disappeared.
Note-to-self for sure.
Month 2 (just last weekend)
I was pretty sure I was an awful mom, with a 4-yr-old who was making it his goal in life to make me miserable with manipulation and lying. (well, he is doing that) BUT, it wasn't "me." It was "that time" again. LAME. After 2 out-of-character emotional break downs about how I was failing, sure enough...
Man, is this what life would have been like the last 15 years (or so) if I had been having monthly cycles?
DANG, ladies.
5 comments:
haha No, I bet it wouldn't have been like that every time if you had been having a regular cycle this whole time. It's either that it all built up so long that it comes out in major PMS now, or... you're just not used to it and it felt like life was ending when you did finally experience it. ? Oh who knows! Either way, at least you are aware of it now. Don't feel so down on yourself next month!
And GREAT JOB on the almost-15lb-loss!
I'm incredibly irregular too - so I'm pretty sure a monthly cycle will be the death of me (or my family) when/if that time comes. *sigh*
Yes, it is what you have been missing. I have always had all those symptoms plus a few more. I have to say that getting an IUD was an awesome choice for me, it lessons a lot of my symptoms. TMI? You opened the can my friend!
haha! The joys of being a woman :). that's really awesome that your body is becoming more "regular" with cycles though. Keep it up. You're amazing!
I haven't checked this blog in awhile and I forgot how much I love it!! :) This post in particular made me laugh out loud! I love it! Keep up the good work! And p.s. I have a serious addiction to Cafe Rio, which is my biggest downfall in trying to drop some pounds. YOU are the one who introduced me to it, do you remember? At Jolleys? Anyway, I can't seem to kick the Cafe Rio cravings!!! :)
Post a Comment