BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Breaking Through

Have you ever not done something, or worn something just because of how you think it will make you appear? Or that you just "can't?" 

I have done this for TOO LONG. This really has been my year of breakthroughs, not just physically, but mentally as well.

For example, I have never, NEVER wanted to wear knee-length skirts/dresses because I can't stand the size of my legs. Even when I am in really great shape, those calves are not what should be seen. Oh well, right? I now own 2 knee-length dresses and 2 skirts that I LOVE!! 

I tried to borrow a picture of this skirt, but there was too much red tape to get it here. But this one is my favorite:  (and it's on sale!)

The other hang-up I have had forever, was the thought that having my hair shorter would make my face look rounder/puffier than it really is. Well, I did it. I haven't had my hair this short for a while and I love it!! No, I can't pull it back as easily, but it forces me to appreciate my cute cut and do it every day. I don't mind. And it's gonna stay this way for a while!


So, what other walls am I smashing through, you ask? I saved the biggest for last. I have decided to train for a 5K. (it's lengthened a bit so it's actually a 6K) By October, I want to be able to run the whole thing without stopping. I even started THIS training program today. I didn't feel like it was any harder than what I do to myself every other day at the gym, and it's just the first day! 

I haven't run since college, and that wasn't easy even then. This will be a great concrete project to accompany all of my other goals for gaining control of my health and changing the way I view myself.

This is the 5K, and it's just for women!!


 

Date

Saturday, October 09, 2010 @ 8:30 AM local time

Address

The race starts & ends at Thanksgiving Point.
*5K is actually 3.72 miles or a 6K

3003 Thanksgiving Way

 

Brief Description

The Love Your Body race was created by Wasatch Woman magazine for women who care about their health, fitness, community, friends, and families. By treating yourself well, you're able to achieve your personal best and be an inspiration to others. Be part of the largest woman-only run in Utah. 
*FYI: We wanted all the runners to enjoy the gardens at Thanksgiving Point, so we made the 5K a bit longer — 3.72 miles, making it a 6K.



4 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! The hair, the skirt, the running, GO you!

I've just started doing 5ks to, and I know you can do it, no matter how long it's been since you ran, you can do it. Plus Thanksgiving Point is a LOVELY course. Enjoy!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

Oh I meant to tell you a few days ago that I love your new hair cut! From what I can see in the picture it looks great. I'm going to cut mine pretty short in a couple weeks too, hopefully. It just feels so good to get it off your shoulders and out of your face, i think. So good job! And it's true about that knee-length skirt from downeast... I commented on it last time I was in town. It's way cute on you!

Amanda said...

you seriously rock! And I loved that skirt on you when you wore it here.

Erin said...

Thanks so much for being brave and posting all of this. I am learning to be braver.