BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Final Results... for now!

Drum roll please.....


Congrats to JAMIE, who won the 2 month competition with the highest number of points and the most weight lost! She lost almost 10 pounds, which is so great! I came in a VERY close second with my points, and lost 5.5 pounds... which is awesome for how hard it has been for me to lose weight. Jamie's hubby was in 3rd place, but totally fit in all of his exercise time and healthy eating habits all while being a FULL TIME medical student. That's incredible.

My amazing result is that I lost a total of 13 inches!!!! YAY ME!

With this friendly competition being over, I find myself having these mixed thoughts:

  • I am so glad to have my love for exercise back.
  • I love that Josh is picking up on my healthy habits, and will eat healthy snacks with me. (sometimes!)
  • I am, however, worried that if I am not accountable to someone/thing at the end of the week that I might not keep up all of the good habits I formed. I guess that earning points really works for my personality. (but only if I am trying to earn more than someone else)
  • I need to keep this positive energy and thinking going to keep motivated... 

So, again, keep sending me your positive, motivating thoughts and energy. I all of a sudden feel like I am doing this alone again, which can sometimes have a tendency to slow me down.


3 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray! 13 inches, wow that's amazing! We have been devouring veggies and fruits lately. I joined a co-op and we get a whole basked of awesome produce each week for only $15. It inspires me to cook more and snack healthfully. It feels good to eat for my body and not my emotions!

Amy said...

13 inches is A BIG DANG DEAL!!! Go you. :)

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

I hope you've been keeping things up the last 3 days without the competition. I... fell off the wagon for a couple days, but I did work out this morning and it felt sooo good after my little vacation from it. I also realized how trained I am as far as eating fruits and veggies throughout the day and packing in at least 2 whole servings into our dinner each night. It's nice to have that habit now. :)
Thanks for doing the competition with me! I feel so good and I'm ready to take on the swimsuit season coming up. Good luck as you continue to work hard! You're doing such a great job and seriously, 13 inches is really awesome! Don't give up!