...we find our family in Wisconsin!
I have wanted to post many times, but life has been full of move after move and packing and unpacking. (twice in 3 months!) WAY too much.
So it's been about 6 months since I met with Esme Anderson at the Athena Women's Clinic. I have been on her recommended medication/supplement regimen for that long as well. So what's different, better, or worse?
I have mentioned that I have TONS TONS TONS more energy during the day! This has been a dramatic change from the last few years. I don't feel the need for a nap, or a small coma, each day. I am also sleeping very well each night, which helps with the daytime energy.
I actually ran out of my thyroid pills for about 5 days, and no joke, I thought I was pregnant. My hormones were CRAZY, and all I wanted to do was sleep. So I now know that the meds are working, and working well.
In terms of weight gain/loss, I first have to say that I know that no matter what I try now with diet and exercise, I know I will see success. I can just tell that my body is back in balance. I knew what my set-point was for my weight before, and I am at exactly that right now. This is without exercise (since we moved, there are no gyms near us), and trust me that I haven't been eating that well!! Holidays. BUT, we rarely eat out, since there is NOTHING around. So both Dan and I can tell that we have maintained our weights just by eating at home. As he puts it, we've "just gone soft."
My plan, right now in fact, is to begin the 2-week South Beach diet phase 1. I have done it before with some results, but with everything now in balance, I bet I'll do even better. Dan is doing it with me, since our carb/sweet cravings are out of control!!
Wish me luck, because honestly, I am not stomaching the fact that I have to live on eggs everyday for breakfast for the next 2 weeks... not my favorite. (any no-carb breakfast ideas are greatly appreciated!)
But again, I have LOVED hearing about your successes on FB or your own blogs. Let's all keep it up and not wait for January to start working on our goals.
1 comments:
That is awesome, Linds! I'm so happy for you - that your levels are all in balance now and that you're feeling so much better. Good luck with your diet. I am definitely starting up some kind of work out regiment this week. I don't care what - I just need to do it. :)
Post a Comment