BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just Maybe

I haven't fallen off the earth, or the wagon...

But, packing to move sucks my energy and I can't justify too much gym time when all my belongings need are needing to be sorted, wrapped, boxed, donated, or sold! You get it.

I did, however, take the time to drive to Orem to a clinic devoted to women and the issues that SO MANY other medical professionals seem to lump together... and then treat them with meds the same way. And men wonder why we women seem nuts.

First of all, thank you to my friend Stephanie "Giggles" Belka for the recommendation.

(Athena Women's Clinic - isn't that a great name?)

My visit with Esme Anderson, who is from Ireland with the greatest accent, lasted 90 minutes. I was so listened to, with my history and time-line of being misdiagnosed and then correctly diagnosed. She understood everything, and I could just see her game plan forming in her mind.

So, in 4 days I will have a TON of labs done... meaning blood draw. YUCK. During these 4 days, I must NOT eat:

*Chocolate
*Caffeine
*nuts (PB as well!)

Those are pretty much staples in my house. (diet DP, dark chocolate Dove squares, PB sandwiches on home made bread)

I will miss them.

I am not getting my hopes up, but I have heard that this clinic has done wonders with other PCOS patients. My follow-up consult, where we will start whatever treatments, will be at the end of the month. I will post what I find out.

And, I am ending this post by eating my last Dove dark chocolate square(s)...

3 comments:

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

I'm so glad you felt validated and important with this new doctor. I hope all goes well and good things come from it!
Yay for doctors who care and know what they're doing... :)

Amy said...

I'm fascinated by this. DEFINITELY let us know how it goes. Do you still have a lot of symptoms that affect your regular life?

Also, maybe it makes me stalker, but I'm really excited that you're moving into our neighborhood. :D I can't wait to meet you in real life!

Lindsey Montague said...

Amy, it will be great to meet you and your family as well! And no, I am not 'suffering' from any one symptom. But I had just heard good things about this clinic, specifically the time they will take to have EVERYTHING looked at or tested to see if anything more can be done. And I was told that my thyroid-testing has been done all wrong for the last year, so that might have been causing other things to not work efficiently in my body.

I will definitely keep you posted on what I learn there.