BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Good News vs. Bad News

Well this week had it's ups: Jamie & Grace came to play; I celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary; Dan took most the week off; we ate out A LOT.

...and it's downs: I didn't lose any weight, but maybe gained about a 1/2 pound; I stayed up too late too often since Dan was on "vacation;" ate out A LOT!

The bad news was the weight gain, but I take full responsibility. (but it wasn't too bad for how often we ate out... I can always tell when it's too much)

The good news is that I have really formed (not just set) some AWESOME habits. I drink about 2 liters of water each day, as well as eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies. After going to the gym later in the morning, since Dan was around, I learned that I actually like going earlier because it is less busy. AND THE BIGGIE is that I can totally control my sweet-cravings. I have a system in place, which is that I have my favorite Dove Dark Chocolate squares on the highest shelf in my kitchen. I am then required to pull out the stool and pull it down from its "hiding" place to get my fix. Some days my made up sneakiness just isn't worth it. I have made an entire bag of those yummies last about a month!!

New Goal: I am now waking up even earlier for some personal, quiet scripture study. I struggle with fitting this in my day with crazy kids... so I am altering my day instead. Today felt awesome to get ready for the gym, read my Book of Mormon, then head out... all before anyone else was awake.

Me-time taken to a new level.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love the new morning routine, soul and body. Perfect!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

I need to get on that scripture studying too. Good for you! And hey, nice job on fitting into that new pair of SMALLER jeans! :) I looooove the way that jeans feel when they fit perfectly and you feel good in them. Simple pleasures.

Amanda said...

you rock. seriously. I literally just sat down and ate a package of peanut butter m&m's....I needed to read your post to motivate myself :)